- 9am – 2:30pm
- Unlimited shuttles during race times
- 4 stages, multi run format.
- St Johns Ambulance will be on site or equivalent.
- Online entries only
- Course Map: To be released 1 week prior to the event
- Skill level – beginners up
- FREE kids race for 5-10 year olds
- Location: Christian and Karina Oakes private trails in Sandford.
Because Girls Rock
All Girls and Women ride FREE. Please use promo code WOMENFREE at entry to trigger your free ride.
What is a Downduro?
Our Downduro will be everything you love about gravity enduro, multiple stages, heaps of good people with one added bonus… Shuttles! No pedalling up the most lung busting drive in Sandford, Just jump on a bus at the bottom. But this is still no slack pack easy going, hows the weather kinda ride because once your at the top it’s all business! We are putting a another twist on GE though with our popular multi run format. Stages will open at 9:30am and you can do as many runs as you like of both stages. Just make sure you return your timing chip to race control once your done. Your best overall time will automatically be uploaded.
And we nearly forgot to mention FREE KIDS RACE FOR 5 TO 10 YEAR OLDS!!! If you have a super shredder kid that wants to come along we will be opening a kids only stage just after lunch for an hour. Kids must be accompanied by a parent as a follow rider. Child and parent must hold Auscycling memberships
A huge thank you to Christian and Karina Oakes for inviting us to their trails for this event!
|Entry Category||Age Guide|
|Under 10 girls||5-10 years|
|Under 10 boys||5-10 years|
|Under 15||10-14 years|
|Under 17||15-16 years|
|Junior (U19)||15-18 years|
|Open Men (19-39)||19-39 years|
|Masters Men (40+)||40+ years|
|Elite – Men||19+ years|
|Elite – Women (Open)||19+ years|
|E-Bike Men||19+ years|
|E-Bike Women||19+ years|
|Women 10-18||10-18 years|
|Rookie Men (1st time racing)||10+ years|
|Rookie Women (1st time racing)||10+ years|
Notes: * Categories may be combined depending on entry numbers
* Age categories are based on your age as at 31/12/2022 (per Auscycling regulations). This is to prevent age category changes during the series.
- All junior riders are required to have a parent or guardian attend the event with them.
Under 19 and below $30.00
Women FREE (use code WOMENFREE)
Kids under 10s race FREE
What to Bring
Riders need to be self sufficient with food, water, spares, etc when out riding.
At the event village we will provide a few snacks. These include water, nuts, fruit and sweets (you will need to bring your own snacks if you have specific dietary requirements.
In terms of spares, we suggest 1-2 spare tubes, a chain link, spare derailleur hanger, pump, and anything else you are likely to break…
If you look unprepared for the day you will be removed from the race.
This location has lots of mosquitos, so many infact we were going to call it ‘The Mozzie Monster”. Please come prepared with your favourite bug repellent spray!!!
Mandatory Safety Requirements:
For downhill race stages – Full faced helmet meeting AS2063 or equivalent standard or Helmets meeting AS2063 (only) with detachable mouthpieces will be permitted & kneepads.
Under 17 – For all Gravity events, full-finger gloves must be worn. Knee and elbow pads made of a rigid material must be worn.
All equipment must be worn correctly and as intended by design.
- The event organiser reserves the right to change or cancel the event, this can be due to extreme weather events or circumstances outside of the control of the event organiser. If an event is cancelled, rescheduling will occur where possible. Full refunds are available upon cancelation or for anyone unable to make the date of a rescheduled event.
- Timing chips and race plates must be returned on the day. Failure to do so will result in the participant being charged for replacements.
- This event is held on private property. Hobart Wheelers Dirt Devils only have access to the trails on the day of the event. The property owner must be contacted if you wish to access these trails outside of the event.
To register and participate in this event, riders must hold a valid Auscycling Membership at the time of registering. Please note: Membership must be valid on the date of the event for which you are registering. If your membership expires before the date of the event, you must renew your membership before entering this event.
For more information on Auscycling membership options CLICK HERE